- ABOUT BRANCH
- MAIN ACTIVITY AREAS
- MAIN RESEARCH AREAS
- MAIN ACHIEVEMENTS
- MEASURING DEVICES
- STATE PRIMARY STANDARDS
- DEVELOPMENT OF REGULATORY AND TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION
- MANUAL AND CONTACTS
By decree of the USSR Government and in accordance with the Order of the State Committee of standards, measures and measuring equipment of the USSR (Gosstandart) No. 115 dated June 29, 1965,on the basis of the Irkutsk laboratory of time and frequency in Irkutsk, the Siberian Branch of the "Russian Metrological Institute of Technical Physics and Radio Engineering" (SF “VNIIFTRI”) was organized.
Until 1970, its director was Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Gostrem Runar Viktorovich. Since January 1970, the Siberian Branch of VNIIFTRI was headed by candidate of physical and mathematical sciences Tanichev Igor Nikolaevich.
In accordance with the specialization of metrological institutes, the Siberian branch of “VNIIFTRI” was defined in 1973 as the Second standard base of time and frequency in the East of the country and then was given the status of the state scientific metrological Center and the State test center for measuring instruments.
In 1981, by the order of the Gosstandart, candidate of physical and mathematical sciences Gudkov Oleg Ilyich was appointed to the position of director of the Siberian branch of VNIIFTRI.
Since 1985, the Siberian branch becomes an independent East-Siberian NIIFTRI and at the same year on the basis of the decree of the USSR Council of Ministers dated August 29, 1985 and the order of the USSR Gosstandart dated September 24, 1995, No. 066 based on the East-Siberian NIIFTRI, a special design bureau VS NIIFTRI and Irkutsky pilot plant “Etalon” a research and production association “Etalon” (NPO “Etalon”) was founded, and Gudkov Oleg Ilyich was appointed to the position of its general director.
From October 11, 1989, by the order of the Gosstandart No. 392, NPO “Etalon” was reorganized into the East-Siberian research institute of technical physics and radio engineering (“VS NIIFTRI”). The East Siberian NIIFTRI performs state functions to ensure the uniformity of measurements in the fixed activity areas.
By order of the Government of the Russian Federation dated March 10, 2007 No. 272-r and in accordance with the Order of the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology No. 753 dated March 22, 2007, the Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Russian metrological institute of technical physics and radio engineering” was reorganized by attaching the FSUE “VS VNIIFTRI” to it. In accordance with the Order of the Federal State Unitary Enterprise “VNIIFTRI” No. 143 dated October 10, 2007, the economically autonomous structural subdivision was affiliated - the East-Siberian branch of the FSUE “VNIIFTRI”.
Currently, the East-Siberian branch conducts fundamental and applied research in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements. The branch performs a wide range of works to provide enterprises, organizations, people with products and services in the field of metrology, conducts a set of research, development and engineering works for developing high-precision equipment for time and frequency and radiotechnical measurements, measurements of gas humidity, participates in the Federal target program for maintaining and improving the standard, scientific and technical base.
The branch participates in international cooperation, in key and additional comparisons of national standards between Russia, Finland, the USA, Japan, Great Britain, Italy, Spain, China, Singapore, Japan, Holland.
The East-Siberian department of the Metrological academy is established and operates at the branch. There is one professor, four honored metrologists of Russia, two academicians and five сcorresponding members of the Metrological Academy of Russia in the branch.
The East-Siberian branch of the FSUE “VNIIFTRI” has the status of the State scientific metrological center and the State test center for measuring instruments. The branch also performs the functions of the Siberian metrological center of the State service of time and frequency and determining the parameters of the Earth's rotation.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCED GOODS:
- Reproduction, storage of units of physical quantities and their transfer to working standards and measuring instruments;
- development and improvement of complexes of state and working standards, measuring devices by specialization;
- verification and calibration of measuring instruments, metrological certification of test equipment;
- state testing of measuring instruments for type approval;
- development, production and supply of high-precision, working and unique measuring instruments, including those of special purpose;
- high-precision measurements and the development of new measurement methods;
- development of standard reference data;
- development, production and certification of standard samples of the properties of substances and materials;
- development and examination of standards and other regulatory and technical documentation for methods and measuring instruments, examination and certification of measurement procedures in accordance with the specialization;
- metrological assurance of measurements in the East-Siberian region, including scientific and methodological assistance in conducting metrological examination of regulatory documents, programs and investment projects;
- analysis of status of the types and areas of measurements assigned to the branch and determination of the main directions of their development;
- participation in the formation and implementation of state scientific and technical programs;
- educational activities in the field of metrology (continuing professional education);
- performance of works for international scientific and technical cooperation, the establishment of direct foreign economic relations, organization and performance of joint research and development with domestic and foreign partners, including the training of specialists;
- holding symposia, conferences, seminars, meetings, exhibitions, including international ones;
- rendering engineering, consulting, information services to enterprises and organizations;
- obtaining the liquid helium.
- Measurement of time and frequency.
- Determination of the parameters of the Earth's rotation (OPVZ).
- Geodynamic research.
- Measurement of dielectric parameters, radiotechnical measurements at ultra-high frequencies.
- Measurement of air and gas humidity.
- Water content measurements of solid and powder substancies and materials.
- Measurement of constant voltages.
- Development and reliable operation of the secondary standard of the SSTF of the Russian Federation with a frequency error of not more than 2 × 10-14.
- Development of the State special standard of the unit of relative dielectric permittivity in the frequency range of 10 - 107 Hz GET 121-80.
- Development and improvement of the State primary standard of the units of complex dielectric permittivity in the frequency range of 1–178.4 GHz GET 110-2012.
- Development and improvement of the State primary standard of humidity gas units GET 151-2010.
- Obtaining the status of the State scientific metrological center (SSMC) as part of VNIIFTRI and the status of the State test center for measuring instruments (STC).
- Development of secondary standard of unit of constant voltage on the Josephson effect VET 13-14-05.
- Development of standard reference data on the increasing coefficients of humid gases at pressure up to 4.0 MPa and axis temperature from minus 10 ° С to minus 50 ° С.
- Implementation of the project “Astrolyabiya” of the Russian-Chinese cooperation in the field of fundamental astrometry and geodynamics.
- Development and testing on real data of the model of ERP series, which makes it possible to perform highly accurate prediction of pole coordinate values.
- Regular reception of satellite signals for the purposes of DERP, the formation of long-term homogeneous data series.
- Developing a national standard of time and frequency of Mongolia.
- Inclusion of the astrogeodynamic observatory of the branch in the International service IGS for the purposes of geodynamics and in the regional monitoring network of the Baikal rift.
- Development of working standards of gas humidity "Sever-1" and "Sever-2", "Sever-3", "Rodnik-"2M "for gas producing enterprises and gas transmission providers.
- Development of atomic frequency and time standards "Cesium-3" and "Cesium-3M".
- Development of equipment for the formation of standard time signals and reference frequencies for the Moscow and Angarsk radio transmission centers.
- Development of technology for monitoring the homogeneity of antenna domes on dielectric permittivity.
- Development of a highly sensitive method for measuring the dielectric properties of thin-film materials in the frequency range of 15-40 GHz.
- Bestowment a title of Honored Metrologist of the Russian Federation to four specialists of the branch.
- measuring transducers (cells) for dielectric measurements in the frequency range from 10 Hz to 78 GHz at temperatures from –196 ˚С to + 500 С;
- measuring resonators and installations for measuring parameters of dielectrics according to GOST R 8.623-2006;
- measuring instrument of the local dielectric permittivity;
- installation for measuring thin-sheeted dielectrics in the millimeter wave range;
- installation for measuring the dielectric parameters of materials in the temperature range of 20 ÷ 420 ° C at a fixed frequency in the range of 8 ÷ 12 GHz;
- slot-coupled cavity for measuring the dielectric parameters of materials at a fixed frequency range of 4-20 GHz.
In the field of physical and technical measurements:
- humid gas reference generator "Rodnik-2M";
- humid gas generator “Sever-1”;
- dry gas generator "Sever-2";
- humid gas generator "Sever-3".
State primary standard for gas humidity units GET 151-2010.
The state primary standard of units of complex dielectric permittivity in the frequency range of 1 - 178.4 GHz GET 110-2012.
State special standard of the unit of relative dielectric permittivity of solid and liquid dielectrics in the frequency range of 10 Hz - 10 MHz GET 121-80.
Secondary standard of time, frequency and time scale VET 1-5 (standard-copy of SSTF).
Secondary standard of VET 13-14-05 of constant electrical voltage units.
Highest accuracy installation for reproducing the unit of gas humidity at high pressures UVT 103-A-2001.
Original standard of the unit of dielectric loss tangent.
Standard samples of dielectric permittivity
Standard spatial area "Irkutsk".
- GOST 8.403-80 GSI. The state special standard and the State verification schedule for measuring instruments of the relative dielectric permittivity of solid and liquid dielectrics in the frequency range of 10-107 Hz.
- GOST R 8.623-2006 GSI. Relative dielectric permittivity and dielectric loss tangent of solid dielectrics. Measurement techniques in the ultra-high frequency range, industry standards (OST) and certified measurement procedures and tgδ.
- GOST 8.547-2009 GSI. State verification schedule for measuring instruments of the humidity of gases.
- GOST R 8.711-2010 GSI. State verification schedule for measuring instruments of relative dielectric permittivity and dielectric loss tangent in the frequency range from 1 to 78.33 GHz.
- GOST R 8.757-2011 GSI. Condensation hygrometers. Method of verification.
- GOST R 8.758-2011 GSI. Coulometric hygrometers. General technical conditions.
- GOST R IEC 62562-2012 GSI. Complex dielectric permittivity of low loss dielectric plates. Measurement method in the cavity resonator. Date of implementation is 01.07.2014
- GOST R 8.811-2012 GSI. Psychrometric tables. Construction, content, design ratios. Date of implementation is 01.03.2014
- GOST R GSI 8.711-2013 GSI. State verification schedule for measuring instruments of complex dielectric permittivity in the frequency range from 1 to 178.4 GHz. With the date of enforcement on July 1, 2014 instead of GOST R 8.711-2010.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSSD 23-81. Chlorobenzene, acetone, water. The dielectric permittivity and dielectric losses at 3-30 GHz (293K) and at 288-364 K (9.196 GHz).
- Tables of standard reference data GSSSD 24-81. Pentane, hexane, heptane, octane, nonane, benzene, carbon sulphur, carbon tetrachloride, cyclohexane, dielectric permittivity and its temperature coefficient in the frequency range from 0.1 to 1011 Hz at temperatures from 273 to 333 K.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSSD 33-82. Quartz glass KU, KV, KI; optical ceramics KO-1; potassium, magnesium, barium fluorides; potassium and sodium chlorides; aluminium oxide. The dielectric permittivity at a temperature of 293 K in the frequency range from 10-1 to 1011 Hz.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSSD 178-96. Optical glasses LK105, К8, TK21. The dielectric permittivity and the dielectric loss tangent at a temperature of 293 K in the frequency range from 10-1 to 106 Hz.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSSD 192-2001. Monocrystalline aluminum oxide (leucosapphire). The components of the tensor dielectric permittivity in the ultra-high frequency range.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSDS 277-2011. Monocrystalline quartz. The tensor components of the relative dielectric permittivity in the temperature range of 77 K ... 373 K.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSDS 278-2011. Garnet yttrium-aluminum. Relative dielectric permittivity in the temperature range of 77 K ... 373 K.
- Tables of standard reference data GSSSD 207-2004. Humid nitrogen. Increasing coefficients at a temperature of 283 ... 323 K and a pressure of 0.1 ... 10.0 MPa.
Project RMG 75 GSI. measurement of substance humidity. Terms and definitions. The public discussion of the draft recommendation has been completed.
Konstantinov Konstantin Vitalevich
Address: Russia, 664056, Irkutsk, Borodina street, 57
Tel. / Fax: (3952) 468303, 463848